Bert Sadtler - President
Wouldn’t it be great if finding a job was as simple a pressing a button?
Unfortunately, job seekers see a lot of RED in their frustration today. There is no magic answer. No one is going to find a job for you. If you want a job, you have to put the work in and find it. Job-seekers should never pay a recruiter to get them a job.
As a job-seeker, it is critical for you to understand the business model of the headhunter compared to alternative models. (CLICK for video) “Changes needed to the Headhunter model”.
– “Traditional recruiters” or HEADHUNTERS get paid on a commission fee scale when their candidate gets hired.
– This type of model serves the headhunter and incentivizes the headhunter to deliver the highest earning candidate in order for the headhunter to earn the highest commission fee.
– This type of model involves a casual business arrangement. If the headhunter finds a more lucrative recruitment, they simply walk away from this one and go to work on the next one. The only commitment made by the employer is to pay the headhunter when there has been a hire.
– This model incentivizes the headhunter to manipulate the candidate to accept a position and the hiring manager to make the hire …all for the purpose of earning the headhunter a commission.
– We feel this is a clear conflict of interest. The highest paid talent is not always the best hire.
– Best Practice Recruiting should focus on hiring the RIGHT talent.
– We believe that hiring critical talent is a formal event, not a casual one. It should require that both the employer and the recruiting professional are committed to a successful outcome.
Boxwood is a consulting firm not a headhunter. We are hired by businesses to help them grow and to solve business problems. Our business model is a fixed fee/flat fee approach. Our priority is to provide a solution to our client, the business. Sometimes the solution involves hiring critical talent (who will solve the business problem). In other situations, we are solving challenges for our client (CLICK).
We do not maintain a data base of job seekers, collect a pool of resumes and randomly post positions.
On occasion, we enter into an agreement to consult with a job seeker and provide individual guidance as they seek new employment. This work is done with executive level professionals.
This is our process oriented outline for job seeker consulting: (CLICK)
Our comments to job seekers are listed below. There is a lot of advice available to job seekers. Some is bad advice. Below are our comments.
Who Gets You a Job Today?
Job Seekers writing a resume today
Best Tricky Interview Questions
Boxwood’s Insight to Job Seekers
The marketplace is changing constantly. The techniques and approaches that may have once worked are no longer trusted and reliable. Think of it terms of your field of expertise. If you were asked to perform your responsibilities today but you had to use only the techniques and tools available to you five years ago, wouldn’t you be severely handicapped? ………..
– 8 Common Mistakes Job Seekers Make
– 3 Critical Questions Every Job Seeker Needs to Ask
– What It Takes in Today’s Marketplace
Click here to read our full comments on Job Seekers
Consulting Individual Professionals (CIP)
A Process-Oriented Approach. Five steps for job seekers to pursue winning a new job