Bert Sadtler - President
6764 Airport Rd
West Jordan, UT 84084
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, Optisys is a groundbreaking antenna technology company, fusing novel RF design with metal additive manufacturing to generate unique, highly integrated and market-leading solutions.
Click for April Lunar Mission Press Release
Optisys excels at rapidly developed, customized, high-performance antenna designs in metal waveguide for global customers that include Lockheed Martin, Boeing, L-3Harris, and General Dynamics. Optisys serves a broad range of market segments from sea to deep space, with many deployments in all these areas. These solutions are produced for the commercial, defense, and government sectors.
Optisys is a turn-key solutions provider offering components or full system development and has a full vertically integrated process from design through manufacturing. This enables engineers to see their designs through the whole development process from design through production, test, and deployment.
Optisys is the only successful US-based design specialist for antennas produced using metal 3D printing. We currently have around 30 employees and are on a very rapid growth tract due to an enormous influx of customers and IRAD for new technology.
Optisys solves unique problems that provide the opportunity for strong engineers to have full engagement and express their creativity and ingenuity through exciting and groundbreaking new concepts and solutions.
Optisys is maturing and growing. This is a new role. Our business is expanding thanks to new orders from our customers. Optisys continues to push the technology envelope of what can be done with additive manufacturing.
The Quality Engineer has dual responsibilities combining Quality with Supplier experience. This includes:
– Program Quality Engineering
– Continuous Quality Improvement
– Quality Engineer, Working with Suppliers
This role is located at the Optisys HQ in Salt Lake City, UT and reports to the Senior Process Engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company that produces the leading edge of a metal 3D printed solutions.
Current US Citizenship or Current Permanent Green Card Holder
5 years of work experience in Quality Assurance (Aerospace Sector or Medical Sector is a plus)
College degree in Engineering with work experience in Quality Assurance
– Champion all aspects of Program Quality Engineering from contracts and drawing reviews, creation of quality plans, support of production and test, to compilation and presentation of end item data packages.
– Drive company-wide continuous quality improvement efforts. Review and analyze quality data for trends and metric generation.
– Perform as a supplier quality engineer. Including vetting suppliers, managing supplier database (ASL), and communicating supply chain flow downs from contract review through the delivery of parts. Work with suppliers to develop quality plans.
– Conduct Failure / Material Review Boards (F/MRB), Root cause analysis, and Corrective Actions. Perform trend analysis of reported nonconformities. Investigate problems and develop dispositions and corrective actions to resolve discrepancies.
– Technically represent Quality Engineering at cross-functional Integrated Product Teams (IPT)
– Effectively Communicate
– Utilize Engineering and Quality backgrounds to act as the technical interface between Engineering and Inspection.
– Actively apply ISO9001/AS9100 systems and requirements. Conduct AS9100 Company-wide audits. Active participant in AS9100 certification efforts.
– Apply Technical expertise to Product Drawings. This includes Inspectability and GD&T.
– Act Professionally with team members of all levels of Optisys as well as with customers and vendors. Must represent Optisys well.
– Actively participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) including documenting current processes and Inspection Plans. Mentor Team members.
Current US Citizenship or Current Permanent Green Card Holder
BS Degree with 5 years work experience in quality assurance (Aerospace Sector or Medical Sector is a plus)
Demonstrated Experience with:
– Providing technical Quality Engineering expertise to complex products in a dynamic Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
– Conducting ISO 9001 / AS 9100 Quality Audits including mentoring team members
– Flowing down Quality Engineering Requirements to Suppliers including authoring Supplier Statements of Work
– Developing Technically efficient Quality Plans
– Effectively utilize MS office programs and ERP software
This role is located at the OPTISYS Salt Lake offices. A relocation package is available.
Optisys is a close-knit team of highly motivated individuals who all share the same aspirations of ensuring Optisys becomes a global power in RF technology.
We thrive on a culture of ingenuity, passion, and collaboration, and due to the nature of the product, we develop you will be interfacing with all levels of the company regularly.
– Perform Quality Engineering throughout the entire life cycle from Proposals to Post Delivery Support. This includes Quality Requirements from Flow Down to End Item Data Packets and Certificates of Conformance (CoC).
– Facilitate Optisys Company-wide Continuous Quality Improvements and Operations Excellence. This includes LEAN/ Value Stream Mapping / Agile / Scrum / 5-S / 6-Sigma / Kaizen Events.
– Improve Supplier Quality performance. This by applying Supplier Quality Engineering best practices that includes travel on-site to Suppliers.
– Lead, plan, perform Optisys AS 9100 Quality Audits.
– Perform QE responsibilities on Failure/Material Review Boards (F/MRB). This includes Root Cause investigations and Corrective and Preventative Actions. Improve Optisys Non-Conformance Processes.
The annual On-Target base salary range is between $90K-$100K.
There is an annual bonus based on performance.
The pay cycle is every other week.
OPTISYS has retained Boxwood to conduct a different kind of recruitment. We have selected Boxwood because we are believers in Boxwood’s unique approach to candidate selection and qualification. While this process is different, we feel that it genuinely offers both candidates and the company the best opportunity to get to know each other at a deeper level than is typical with the conventional interview approach.
Please click for a short video on the Boxwood Process.
Interested and qualified candidates are first asked to view the Boxwood short video and thoroughly review the detailed position description. Interested and qualified candidates should then APPLY HERE
Schedule: Full-Time, flexible hours
Paid Time Off: 4 weeks including sick leave
Holidays: 8 standard holidays
Insurance: BCBS, Dental, Eye
Other: Tuition reimbursement
Doug has 30 years of Aerospace Operations Management experience including living a decade in Europe and Asia. His expertise is building Teams and Production Lines to delivery Aerospace Products with an emphasize on final integration, test, delivery and support. He is responsible for the people, paper (documentation) and processes to make Optisys Products. He leads Quality including Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Actions. He is passionate about Continuous Process Improvements with LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5-S, Agile and Scrum! Doug manages the Operations life cycle from Engineering Development Models through, Low Rate and Full Production including out-sourced capacity.
Janos Opra has 17 years of experience in military communications systems ranging from RF engineer to business development to leadership. He has won multiple new business opportunities by coordinating with engineers, program management, and end users to develop products. These products had a market segment of over $100 million. Mr. Opra has a wide variety of industry contacts from his time spent in the aerospace industry. He has worked directly with high level military planners to establish project requirements and CONOPs for multimillion dollar hardware platforms and their supporting software.
Robert Smith has 23 years of experience designing and analyzing equipment and RF components to MIL-STD requirements and is an expert in metal additive manufacturing. For the past 4 years, he has focused his expertise on AM with an emphasis on aluminum RF components. With Optisys, Mr. Smith focuses on overseeing the design and fabrication of antenna products, pushing into new territory in metal AM processes.
Clinton Cathey has 18 years of engineering experience, with the last 13 years of experience in communications systems ranging from ME/EE engineer to project lead. At Optisys, Mr. Cathey leads the company and provides technical and management direction. He is a preeminent expert in antennas and motion controls with specializations in pointing and tracking systems. His focus has been with industrial automation through airborne and shipboard motion stabilized and target tracking gimbals. He is an IEEE Senior Member and is an inventor on multiple patents related to tracking and SATCOM antennas
Michael Hollenbeck has 14 years of experience designing and analyzing antenna and RF components for commercial and military communication systems. At Optisys, he designs cutting edge RF and antenna components using AM and provides technical direction for the company. Mr. Hollenbeck has led numerous projects, including design and simulation of complex RF components such as waveguide, antennas, arrays, and filters to critical success. He has worked on iterative designs to produce RF products in the 1-100 GHz (3-300 mm) ranges.