Bert Sadtler - President
McNulty & Associates
238 Littleton Road, Suite 102
Westford, MA 01886
When companies are bidding on Government contracts, it is natural for them to want to know what their competitions’ bid price will be for the same contract. That’s where McNulty & Associates comes in. We use our tools and experience to analyze the RFP, the Competition, the Government budget, the buying habits of the Government agency, and more, to build a competitor pricing model which predicts what the bid prices will be for each of the competitors bidding the job. We then give that to our customer and they leverage our analysis to increase their win probability (Pwin). This works very well. So well, that most of the major aerospace and defense contractors hire us and have won $B and $B over the years. It is intellectually challenging work and also very satisfying to see our clients win!
McNulty & Associates (McNulty) is a mission focused, industry leading provider of Price to Win (PTW) analysis and related Competitive Intelligence and Assessments. McNulty supports many of the leading public sector firms providing services to the US Government.
Led by Michael McNulty, the team of research analysts, technology experts, pricing and financial analysts, technologists and parametric modelers provide clients with exceptional insights and understanding of the program, budget, competitive landscape and pricing for their must-win opportunities.
McNulty analyzes the opportunity, budget, competitive landscape, and historical program data. McNulty applies proven processes combining technical, competitive, and programmatic experience with leading parametric estimating tools to develop reliable estimates and forecasts.
McNulty delivers the unique combination of decades of experience coupled with innovative processes.
McNulty and Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Summary of Position in Facilities & Base Operations Price to Win
McNulty is in a significant growth phase due to their reputation and ability to deliver value.
This lead analyst will be responsible for building Price to Win Analyses for our customers. The analyst will accurately predict what various bidder’s prices will be for competitive Base Ops and Facilities bids. Having experience as a Strategic Pricer would be a plus.
The Facilities & Base Operations Price to Win Lead Analyst will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The location for this role is virtual as long as the individual permanently resides within the continental United States.
This is a fast growing area for McNulty and we need this senior talent to help us meeting the heavy demand for this service.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide detailed bottoms up Price to Win analysis for military and government facilities RFPs.
– Leverage and improve estimates for labor and material costs to support Government logistics, facilities, and base operations.
– Must be able to do the entire estimate for labor and materials costs, if necessary.
– Must be able to research and determine required labor and Other Direct Costs (ODCs) including: optimal staffing/ shift schedules and quantities, labor categories/ nationalities, training, certifications; vehicles, equipment, materials, and all other criteria.
– Use parametric modeling and monte-carlo analysis to model competitive scenarios to determine the price-to-win.
– Determine, identify labor, material, and time requirements.
– Present prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
– Use budget data and other open source information to build a top-down estimate of PTW.
– Build bottoms-up estimate of PTW through analysis, estimation, and parametric modeling.
– Direct junior cost estimation staff in gathering and synthesizing data for Bottoms Up PTW Analysis.
– Analyze competitive landscape and competitive analysis to make judgments on ability and aggressiveness of bidders.
– Apply gaming maneuvers in bottoms up PTW model to tune analysis to each competitor/Team.
– Present and defend prepared PTW estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information to senior-level clients from Fortune 500 companies.
– BS in Business or Engineering or related fields
– US Citizenship with a US DoD Security Clearance OR ability to be cleared
– Experience as a Strategic Pricer would be a plus
– 10 years of demonstrated experience in facilities related activities
– 7 years of demonstrated experience as a Senior Lead PTW analyst working Facilities/Base Ops PTW
– Solid familiarity with RSMeans and other sources of workload and material estimation
– Excellent demonstrated command of Excel and Powerpoint
– Excellent communications skills
– Strong Team Player
– Masters degree preferred
– Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MHO) experience preferred
– Aviation support experience preferred
Geographic Location Requirements
The location for this role is virtual as long as the individual permanently resides within the continental United States.
Most employees work from their homes. The only office location is the corporate headquarters in Westford, MA. There is no requirement for the Facilities & Base Operations Price to Win Lead Analyst to relocate to that office.
Small, tight knit company with direct, active lines to company leadership.
Flat organization that’s customer focused, not internally focused.
Everyone is valued, and communication across all staff is constant and effective.
The Top Priorities During the First 6 Months:
– Successfully deliver several PTW analyses to our clients.
– Define and implement training program for the more junior analysts on how to better develop facilities support workload and material estimates.
– Working with the Senior Facilities Estimator, build a standard template for Facilities Price to Win Analyses which will optimize the process, speed up the work, allow more capacity and help reduce errors through a quality control process.
Compensation is composed of salary, bonus, 401K contribution, profit sharing, and annual increases.
The target compensation is a combination of a base salary plus a performance bonus with
total on-target earnings range of $165K-$187K.
Breakdown of Compensation:
The annual On-Target base salary range is between $150K-$170K.
The annual On-Target bonus is 10% of base salary.
The pay cycle is every two weeks.
The Recruitment Process
McNulty has retained Boxwood to conduct a different kind of recruitment. We have selected Boxwood because we are believers in Boxwood’s unique approach to candidate selection and qualification. While this process is different, we feel that it genuinely offers both candidates and the company the best opportunity to get to know each other at a deeper level than is typical with the conventional interview approach.
Interested and qualified candidates are first asked to view the Boxwood short video and thoroughly review the following detailed position description. Interested and qualified candidates should then APPLY HERE
– Life Insurance
Click here for details of the Plan
Founder, President, and Lead Analyst for McNulty Associates Inc.
Michael McNulty is the founder and Lead Analyst for McNulty & Associates, Inc. He is a highly experienced Business Development expert in the US Federal Government market.
Mr. McNulty holds both Bachelors and Graduate degrees in Engineering and over 25 years of experience as a Business Development executive, Capture Manager, Program Manager, Proposal Manager and Engineer specializing in Modeling & Simulation.
He has been instrumental in providing Price to Win, Pricing Analysis, and Competitive Assessments on many successful competitive procurements across all Services and the US Federal Government.
Mr. McNulty’s experience includes program values ranging from under $10M to over $3B, spanning all areas of acquisition from R&D to Systems Design & Development to Production, Deployment and Sustainment. Functional areas include Design & Engineering of Major Systems, Large IT Systems, C4ISR Systems, Training Systems, Flight Simulators, and Large-Scale Logistics and Support efforts.
RICHARD BENSINGER (Hiring Manager)
Chief Operating Officer for McNulty Associates Inc.
Richard (Rich) Bensinger is the Chief Operating Officer for McNulty & Associates, Inc. He is responsible for company operations, client engagements and delivery across all lines of business.
Mr. Bensinger has held key Operations and Business Development roles at TASC, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, SAIC, Harris and Robinson Aviation.
Before working in Industry, he served 25 years with the United States Air Force, rising from Airman Basic to retire as a Lt. Colonel. His assignments included combat theater and acquisition corps assignments, a number of joint tours, support for the US Space program, and specialized support to a number of highly classified national intelligence programs.
Mr. Bensinger is a pilot, a meteorologist, a SCUBA instructor, and a member and past Board of Directors member of the National Defense Industrial Association, and a current Board of Directors member of the National Association of American Veterans. Rich has a Master of Science degree from Texas A&M University in Doppler Radar Meteorology with Minor in Computer Science. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology from Florida State University with Minor in Mathematics. He has also completed Post Graduate studies at the University of Virginia, Darden School of Business.
JOSEPH B. NEUBERT
Senior Price to Win Analyst
Mr. Neubert has over 21 years of government and commercial business, managerial, engineering, technical and finance experience in the aerospace, defense, logistics and transportation industries leading and executing programs, overseeing operations and developing business for the US Government, Fortune 500 and small companies.
He specializes in delivering competitive intelligence, competitive assessment, black hats, price to win and counter strategy development on complex domestic and multinational programs and captures.
Mr. Neubert is a Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve. He holds a B.S. in Marine Engineering from the US Merchant Marine Academy, an MBA from Boston University, and a M.S. in Information Systems from the Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School.
Senior Price to Win Analyst
Mr. Andersen has extensive strategy experience, including serving as PTW/CI lead for 100+ domestic and international captures in the Defense and Civil government sectors. He has developed programmatic, technical, and financial strategies to enhance win rates, while focusing on market conditions, competitive behavior, customer history, and evaluation criteria. John has led PTW and CI activities on all high priority international bids, winning offers in excess of $3.5 Billion.
He holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from The University of Michigan and has an extensive background in engineering, engineering management, and systems engineering.
Senior Analyst & Chief Engineer
Bill has 30 years of technical and program management experience in broad areas such as weapons effects analysis, software development, system engineering, network communications, and activity-based costing.
He is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI), and International Cost Estimating , Analysis Association (ICEAA), and IEEE.
He holds BS and MS degrees in Mechanical Engineering.